[Owncloud] xcache error after upgrading to 4.5.0

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Fri Oct 12 08:56:12 UTC 2012

On Friday, October 12, 2012 10:31:43 AM Patrik Marschalik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after upgrading to owncloud 4.5.0 I get the following error message in
> apache log file
>
> PHP Fatal error:  xcache_clear_cache(): xcache.admin.user and/or
> xcache.admin.pass settings is not configured. Make sure you've modified
> the correct php ini file for your php used in webserver. in
> /var/www/owncloud/lib/cache/xcache.php on line 50, referer:
>
> What can I do?

You have an older xcache installation, that does not support clearing the
cache by prefix (it simply does not have the function). Thus it tries to clear
all the cache. This however requires some configuration of your xcache, e.g.
setting

xcache.admin.enable_auth = Off

in /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/xcache.ini

Beware
"Disable XCache builtin http authentication if you plan on handling
authentication yourself. Be aware that any vhost users can set up admin page,
if builtin http auth is disabled, they can access the page with out any
authentication. So it is suggested that you disable mod_auth for XCache admin
pages instead of disabling XCache builtin auth. This option is 1.2.x only
since 1.2.1 "
http://xcache.lighttpd.net/wiki/XcacheIni