[Owncloud] Synchronization of a folder between OwnCloud and Android phone?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sun Oct 7 17:44:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I would like to achieve gnote/tomdroid synchronization via ownCloud. For
that I need a folder on Android synced with an ownCloud folder
(synchronization from my Linux to ownCloud is done very well by native
ownCloud client, but I guess WebDAV folder would work as well). However,
I don't know how to sync such folder on the Android phone with an
ownCloud share.

My first impulse was to use ownCloud client (1.38 from f-droid), but
even though I can see in the client content of the ownCloud share,
folder /sdcard/ownCloud/<name-of-account>/clientsync/ is empty (it is a
bug, or synced files are not expected to be visible from outside of the
app? Why?).

Now I am looking at various WebDAV clients for Android and I cannot find
the one which would reliably work with ownCloud WebDAV implementation
and it wasn't just a file manager able to browse remote shares.

Could anybody suggest anything?

Best,

Matěj Cepl