[Owncloud] OpenId in 4.5

Bart Visscher bartv at thisnet.nl
Thu Oct 4 12:24:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

I looked at oc-1900, about problems with OpenId. The user_openid app has
two parts. The part enabling login with a openid, and the part that
provides the openid endpoint.
Getting the login with openid working is no problem. The main problem is
in the login screen, it is not clear you can input a openid url into the
username field, and when you do that there is still the problem that
you need to fill the password field.
Fixing the openid provider requires more changes then we should make
before a release. At the last meeting in Stuttgart, Florian and I worked
on using the Zend OpenID provider, to make a new openid provider. I
think we should finish that for OC5.

Possible actions:
- Disable the provider part in user_openid
- Completly disable user_openid

We should think about how to support openid and 2-step in login form.

Bart