[Owncloud] Showstopper Bugs for 4.5

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 19:36:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Emre Erenoglu <erenoglu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Emre Erenoglu <erenoglu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Arthur Schiwon <blizzz at owncloud.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Emre,

>>> You need to configure your upload limit  in your Server.
>>
>> Yes I know, but I never had such low limit before.  Strange, maybe
>> it's my memory.

>>> Sounds like bugs.owncloud.org/thebuggenie/owncloud/issues/oc-1747
>>> I just committed the proposed fix, would be great if you can check with latest
>>> master.
>>
>> I will check tonight with master & revert.
>
> Hi Arthur, I did test it. The memory exhausted bug seems to have gone.
> However, the upload problem still remains. The file gets uploaded (a
> <100kb file, connected with gigabit eth), however, the spinning circle
> never stops. If I click something else, the brower warns me that
> upload is ongoing & if I'm sure to leave the page.
> When I leave it and come back to that folder, I can see that the file
> is in fact successfully uploaded.

After making the necessary php.ini changes, upload seems OK, I can't
reproduce the previous error. However, I really don't understand why
it was getting stuck when upload limit was 2mb. Maybe you can try the
same?

There's an issue if you set post_max_size to 0, as instructed in the
php manual. In such case, owncloud believes limit is 0 and don't let
you upload anything.

; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
; Its value may be 0 to disable the limit. It is ignored if POST data reading
; is disabled through enable_post_data_reading.
; http://php.net/post-max-size
post_max_size = 6G

If you set it to some other number bigger than upload_max_filesize,
then it works. The way owncloud interprets "0" as the value is wrong.
0 means no limit for php as seen above.

--
Emre