[Owncloud] Fwd: In-App Help System

Michael Grosser owncloud at seetheprogress.net
Wed Nov 28 22:16:43 UTC 2012

the list header was missing sorry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Grosser <owncloud at seetheprogress.net>
Date: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Owncloud] In-App Help System
To: Bernhard Posselt <nukeawhale at gmail.com>

i like the idea, but I would be more happy with a solution like:
app -> gets recent documentation from doc.owncloud.com -> parses it into
the app.
therefore we only have one document repo instead of additional files within
the app.

But that's just an idea.

PS: I would actually like doc.owncloud.org more than doc.owncloud.com...

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Bernhard Posselt <nukeawhale at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was restructuring the first view of my page i thought about showing a
> friendly how to get started page with pictures and keyboard shortcuts.
>
> Currently the user has to hit the doc.owncloud.com page and hope for
> existing user documentation.
>
> What about having an RsT file delivered with the app (like
> doc/help_en.rst) parse that file with php and render it on the page?