[Owncloud] Issues with the MD5 file

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Wed Nov 28 19:19:36 UTC 2012

Hi all,

> > > [...] in the files for ownCloud 4.5.0 and 4.5.1 there was
> > > a complete path and now in 4.5.2 and 4.5.3 there is no file name at all.

> > this is actually a fix.
> > It was a bug that the filename with the filesystem path was in the file in
> > the first place.

> Maybe it then should be noted somewhere that in order to use the MD5 one
> has to add the file name of the archive to it.

Hm.
In my eyes it is a widly used scheme to note the file name next to the
md5hash. This is a good and simple way to say: That file has this hash.
I think that makes sense. Simple, clear and understood by everyone.

Christian Reiner (arkascha)
--
Christian Reiner (arkascha)
[ foss at christian-reiner.info ]