[Owncloud] Bug report

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 21:24:29 UTC 2012

Do you have a link for that assertion?

http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/10/firefox-16-vulnerability-attack-code-available-online/

It would seem to me that Javascript is still an issue.  Cookies may not
present a security issue, but a privacy one, and unless you're prepared to
undergo a lot of effort allowing them on a per-site basis is a lot of work
most people baulk at.

The more software on the internet works without cookies and without
Javascript the safer the world is in general.

Simon

On Nov 25, 2012 12:11 PM, "Frank Karlitschek" <frank at owncloud.org> wrote:

> Hi Mikko,
>
> thanks for thew bug report.
> Unfortunately we don´t plan to support browsers without support for
cookies and javascript at the moment.
> This would restrict our possibilities in the web interface significantly
and would lead to a second completely different interface.

> (Session)-Cookies and javascript aren´t considered harmful or insecure
nowadays. Most security people even think that having the session ID in the
url is less secure than in a session cookie.

> Why do you think this is a problem?
>
> The problem with ogg files is a known limitation at the moment. I hope
someone improves this in the future.

Mikko.Viinamaki at students.turkuamk.fi> wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > Since I don't have a github account... I noticed the web interface
fails silently in case you don't allow cookies and same if you don't allow
JavaScript. Also, this .ogg file was not added onto the music tab in the
interface http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BedBugs%26SaltyDog.ogg I
wonder why?