[Owncloud] updater.php error: Access to undeclared static property: OC::$APPSROOT

chymian chymian at gmx.net
Fri Nov 16 23:51:34 UTC 2012

hi all,

Am 15.11.2012 16:12, schrieb Michael:
> Maybe we should add a ticket to update the updater - I think it is
> important that configs are backed in when updating(because it is
> automated, inexperienced admins don't think about doing their own
> backups).
I've opened ticket #498:

Issue:
updating an installation with updater.php moves the existing config out
of the way & creates new, empty one and therefor loses i.e. access to
the mysql-database, ...

happend on 4.5.1a
updater.php taken from 4.5.2

doublechecked on pristine 4.5.1 installation

workaround: copy your old config from
[OC-installdir]/backup/4.90.2*/core/config/config.php to
[OC-installdir]/config
change owner to your webuser: i.e. on debian: chown www-data.
[OC-installdir]/config/config.php

greetings,
günter