[Owncloud] State of ownCloud Freemium Providers

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Thu Nov 15 20:34:16 UTC 2012

and install it« often doesn’t cut it. People want a provider where
they can just get their ownCloud without needing to maintain it
themselves. Just like Dropbox.com – and just like there, a free plan
needs to be available. People don’t like paying for stuff up front,
and a trial period also isn’t enough because hey, »Dropbox is free«.

The page at http://owncloud.org/providers/ doesn’t seem up to date. As
far as I can see, OwnCube phased out their gratis plans. This makes
http://portknox.net the only freemium provider out there, is that
correct?