[Owncloud] sharing by link and a rewrite of %2 to %252

Gregor Gilka mail at gregorgilka.de
Thu Nov 15 14:22:36 UTC 2012

First of all thanks a lot for this nice peace of software. I use
owncloud for quite some time now and I am glad that you all do such a
great job.

I am using OC 4.5.2 since 2 hours on my own virtual server. I want to
share a folder by link. When I copy the link into by browser all works
as it should.
https://server.tld/public.php?service=files&dir=%2Fusername%2Ffiles%2FFoldername1%2FFoldername2

Great. But I just noticed when I remove the https, so I try to open
server.tld/public.php?service=files&dir=%2Fusername%2Ffiles%2FFoldername1%2FFoldername2

in my Browser, it is first rewritten to https as it is configured in my
apache2 but the percentage symbol is also rewritten to %25 so that my
browser tries to open:
https://server.tld/public.php?service=files&dir=%252Fusername%252Ffiles%252FFoldername1%252FFoldername2

which results in an error message as expected.

Is it a specific bug due to my 80->443 rewrite rule or do you think
that should be fixed?

Thanks a lot you guys,
Gregor