[Owncloud] iOS client can't do anything with files

Peter Chubb peter at chubb.wattle.id.au
Tue Nov 13 19:40:40 UTC 2012

I've installed the ioS client on my iPad.  It connects without error, and I can see and navigate through the directories in my owncloud, but every time I click on a file, I get the message, 'It is not possible to connect to the server at this time.'

The owncloud instance is running on apache with MySQL, over SSL using a certificate signed by CACert.  There is a CACert profile on the iPad to allow its root certificates to be trusted.

I can use the free WebDAV client OverTheAir to access my files perfectly.

Any ideas?