[Owncloud] Where are the sources of iOS app?

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Tue Nov 13 13:20:07 UTC 2012

We talked about that for a second at the developer meetup. Apparently
Apple doesn’t really have that big of a problem with GPL style
licenses, just in VLC’s case it seems to have been overblown through
Apple deleting the app – which was apparently also because the VLC
developers were not in agreement what to do about the violation.

That said, there are a bunch of open source (also GPL) iOS apps around:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_iOS_applications
Among others Wikipedia, Wordpress, Reddit, and ChatSecure by my buddy
Chris (cc'd – Chris, do you know more about the GPL / App Store
problem?)

So, if that was the plan all along, let’s just have the sources
published at http://github.com/owncloud/ios and licensed under GPL.
If that turns out to cause problems, in the worst case ownCloud Inc.
can just license the app that goes into the App Store under MIT or
something else.