[Owncloud] please fix German translation

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Mon Nov 12 12:22:46 UTC 2012

Hi Michael,

Am Montag, dem 12.11.2012 um 13:11 schrieb Michael Göhler:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> > PS: may I ask you to file an issue on github the next time? THX
>
> It's just because I read the "Translation is done via Transifex..."
> comments all over this mailing-list.
>
> Since I didn't know anything about Transifex and its bug-handling, I
> thought it would be best to ask on the mailing-list before filling
> the bug at the wrong site ;)

Well writing to the ML is actually not wrong. ;-)
But I'd like to keep all issues in one place - in general a good habit.

Transifex itself has no bug handling mechanism - therefore we need to use some other tool.

> Becasue adding translation bugs to github can cause new contributors to
> fix the translation in github instead of Transifex. And that's not what
> we want.

I got your point - but I hope people talk to us via ML or IRC or ... before
starting with a few hundred translation string changes.

Plus the documentation describes the translation process and we have the
code review/pull request mechanism to catch them early enough.

Thanks a lot,

Tom