[Owncloud] Win Client 1.0.5 - Multiple Connections

Dr. Hirn drhirn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 08:46:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

tried OC Client for Windows (1.0.5) again after a long time. Seems to
be working. But after a short period of syncing, my ownCloud instance
- hosted at an ownCloud-provider - wasn't reachable anymore.
After contacting the support, they told me, that my IP has been
blocked, because of too much connections at the same time. They
counted 670 simultaneous connections.
It looks like the client opens a new connection for every file. Is
this true? If it is, would it make sense, to limit simultaneous
connections? Would slow down syncing process, but would prevent people
running into the same problems than me.

Thx,
Stefan