[Owncloud] Permissions & CRUDS

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 22:58:28 UTC 2012

On 6 November 2012 22:45, Thomas Tanghus <thomas at tanghus.net> wrote:

> We ended up in a discussion which kind of touches the fundamentals of
> ownCloud
> in https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/151#issuecomment-10116749
>
> The Share API has a clear definition at
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/lib/public/share.php#L50

Thanks for pointing this out, this is very interesting.

The W3C Read Write Web Community group is hoping to standarize in this
space based on traditional HTTP verbs.

Currently we have the concept of a collection (like a directory) and that
of a URL with the following 4 masks

1. READ
2. WRITE

3. CONTROL
4. APPEND

The first 2 are like owncloud

I think CONTROL is the same as SHARE, what it means is you can alter the
access control

And APPEND may be similar to UPDATE

I could be wrong but we may assume that WRITE access implies DELETE

Would you see any value here in trying to find a standard paradigm across
the whole web?