[Owncloud] URL shortening

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Tue Nov 6 03:57:41 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 06 November 2012 04:37 Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejer wrote:
> Dear Cloud people,
>
> Was it ever discussed to introduce a URL shortener into ownCloud? It
> would be very useful to have a short domain hooked up to it and be able
> to share files and tick a 'Shorten' box. Maybe find a way to tie it
> into something like YOURLS or maybe one of the services like bit.ly?

It has been 'discussed' shortly at
http://bugs.owncloud.org/thebuggenie/owncloud/issues/oc-120

I would say it's an app opportunity. Personally I have a Plasmoid for that,
but I use it only for people I know well. I avoid clicking on shortened links
as I have no idea what they lead to.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus