[Owncloud] .well-known SymLinks and CardDAV

Tobias Aichele tobias.aichele at googlemail.com
Fri May 25 15:37:58 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

i used owncloud 3 and just upgraded to owncloud 4.
I was trying to synchronize my iPhone 4 via this
http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/ios/
With the calendar I had no problems.

But if I tried to use this How-To for CardDAV i always get an error:

"CardDAV-Accountprüfung fehlgeschlagen"

In some owncloud forums stands about some SymLinks called .well-known

Since I upgraded to owncloud 3.0.3 I deleted all SymLinks called .well-known via my FTP Client. I thought nobody cares about this SymLinks.
But I think this is the reason why I can't use CardDAV for synchronizing my addressbooks.

So, does anybody know, which SymLinks are important for the CardDAV.

With the CalDAV synchronization I have no problems. It's just working via my iPhone, the owncloud Interface and Thunderbird.

My .htaccess looks like this:

ErrorDocument 403 /core/templates/403.php
ErrorDocument 404 /core/templates/404.php
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_value upload_max_filesize 512M
php_value post_max_size 512M
php_value memory_limit 512M
<IfModule env_module>
  SetEnv htaccessWorking true
</IfModule>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/host-meta /public.php?service=host-meta [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/carddav /remote.php/carddav/ [R]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/caldav /remote.php/caldav/ [R]
RewriteRule ^apps/([^/]*)/(.*\.(css|php))$ index.php?app=$1&getfile=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^remote/(.*) remote.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>
Options -Indexes

Thank you for help.

Greetings, Tobi