[Owncloud] [Pkg-owncloud-maintainers] No OC4 in Debian 7.0/Wheezy

Paul van Tilburg paulvt at debian.org
Thu May 24 22:54:39 UTC 2012

Hello all,

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:41:33AM +0200, Thomas Müller wrote:
> today the "ownCloud for Debian"-Team decided not to upload the package
> for Debian 7.0/Wheezy.
>
> Most challenging part has most likely been to get all the copyrights
> and licensing sorted out.

I am happy to announce that after some discussion within team, and
motivated by supporting words from the Debian project leader, we have
decided to try and get ownCloud shipped with Debian Wheezy.

Due to a sheer amount of hard work in the past weeks, we have been able
to create nice packages, tackle the copyright and depedency issues, and
do quite a few rounds of tests.  We have just uploaded the ownCloud
packages to the "experimental" suite so that everyone can test them
soon.

Before it will be available there, it has to go through the NEW queue,
where the Debian FTP masters check the integrity of the package.
Once through the NEW queue and after more testing, we can upload the
package to the "unstable" suite after which it will migrate into
Wheezy.

I hereby want to thank the entire team, ownCloud upstream and Thomas
Goirand for their hard work and making this possible.

Kind regards,
Paul

Using the Power of Debian GNU/Linux  | E-mail: paulvt at debian.org
Jabber/GTalk: paul at luon.net          | GnuPG key ID: 0x50064181