[Owncloud] Few ideas for Bug tracker

eMerzh merzhin at gmail.com
Wed May 23 20:07:45 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I was happy when owncloud got his bugtracker instead of the previous platform...
after a while working with bug genie i was somewhat not so happy ...

Free criticisms lead to nothing so i decide to do some propositions to
try to resolve my concerns about bug genie :)

- ** We really need to classify stuff in BG, close old bugs, order others, ...**
- we need to set (first and/or last checked) affected version
- have "template" for the issue asking for infos about server,
modules, browser ... something else?
- A clear way to set : "Need Info" (without doing the investigate
thing & so on) for bug without enough info (so we know that the
problem must not be investigate by another)
- Ability to close own bugs ?
- Close bugs that are in "Need info" state for too long  / do
automated reminder or smth ?
- Is it possible to mark a bug duplicate without marking the bug as
"investigate"
- I can't add affected items if already assigned ?
- A Classification for infrastructure related bugs (Website, demo, bug
tracker, download, ...)
- Set up Relation between bugs and code ... auto close of bugs / link
to commit resolving the issue / ...
- what are the criterions to choose the priority?
- Add external apps as possibly affected component

What do you guys think about these?

Regards,

eMerzh