[Owncloud] Encryption

Tom Needham tom at owncloud.com
Tue May 22 10:26:18 UTC 2012

On 22 May 2012, at 11:20, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> It isn't tricky, secure server side encryption is simply not possible!

What about the case where you have multiple external storage points mounted into your ownCloud. (It's not possible yet but) files would be encrypted on your ownCloud server, and then stored on the external storage encrypted. This would mean you could extend your owncloud storage using external sources and they don't have access to your files.

i think this is/should be a goal for oc5

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Needham
tom at owncloud.com