[Owncloud] android devel - testers request!

Jérémy ROCHER rocher.jeremy at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:12:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am following this project with enthusiasm since a long time now and was
looking on how to participate a little bit in it on my spare time, maybe I
have found a way in testing this app, hoping it will help someone !

I have tested the app on ICS on emulator, connected to internet.

So for the logging part, it's pretty well working with my owncube account :
https://owncube.com/

After logging has succeed, nothing appears, I have waited 1 or 2 minutes
but nothing ! I got back home, and launch the app again, and here I found
my data, so what was going on ? Someone could tell ?

During general app testing, 2 crashes occurred :
 - When downloading a photo : App crash 1
 - When trying to add a new session from settings : App crash 2

Hopping this help you debugging this app !
Cheers,
Jeremy

 - App_crash 1 :
Process: eu.alefzero.owncloud
Flags: 0x8be46
Package: eu.alefzero.owncloud v1 (1.0)
Build: generic/sdk/generic:4.0.3/MR1/237985:eng/test-keys

java.lang.NullPointerException
at eu.alefzero.owncloud.FileDownloader.downloadFile(FileDownloader.java:113)
at
eu.alefzero.owncloud.FileDownloader$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(FileDownloader.java:46)
 at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
 at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

- App crash 2 :
Process: eu.alefzero.owncloud
Flags: 0x8be46
Package: android v15 (4.0.3-237985)
Package: eu.alefzero.owncloud v1 (1.0)
Build: generic/sdk/generic:4.0.3/MR1/237985:eng/test-keys

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: Unable to find explicit activity
class
{eu.alefzero.owncloud/eu.alefzero.owncloud.ui.activity.PreferencesNewSession};
have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?
 at
android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:1508)
at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1384)
 at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:3190)
at
eu.alefzero.owncloud.ui.activity.Preferences.onMenuItemSelected(Preferences.java:162)
 at
com.actionbarsherlock.ActionBarSherlock.callbackOptionsItemSelected(ActionBarSherlock.java:587)
at
com.actionbarsherlock.internal.ActionBarSherlockNative.dispatchOptionsItemSelected(ActionBarSherlockNative.java:78)
 at
com.actionbarsherlock.app.SherlockPreferenceActivity.onOptionsItemSelected(SherlockPreferenceActivity.java:142)
at android.app.Activity.onMenuItemSelected(Activity.java:2502)
 at
com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow.onMenuItemSelected(PhoneWindow.java:950)
at
com.android.internal.view.menu.MenuBuilder.dispatchMenuItemSelected(MenuBuilder.java:735)
 at
com.android.internal.view.menu.MenuItemImpl.invoke(MenuItemImpl.java:149)
at
com.android.internal.view.menu.MenuBuilder.performItemAction(MenuBuilder.java:874)
 at
com.android.internal.view.menu.MenuPopupHelper.onItemClick(MenuPopupHelper.java:156)
at android.widget.AdapterView.performItemClick(AdapterView.java:292)
 at android.widget.AbsListView.performItemClick(AbsListView.java:1058)
at android.widget.AbsListView$PerformClick.run(AbsListView.java:2514)
 at android.widget.AbsListView$1.run(AbsListView.java:3168)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)
 at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
 at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4424)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)
 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)