[Owncloud] [Pkg-owncloud-maintainers] Owncloud updated in ubuntu

Damien Raude-Morvan drazzib at debian.org
Sat May 12 15:36:02 UTC 2012

Hi Paul,

Le samedi 12 mai 2012 01:02:43, Paul van Tilburg a écrit :
> > @ownClouders:
> > I just wanted to let you know, what the heck I'm doing! ;-)
> > In case one of you is a Debian user/developer in disguise - step
> > forward - We need You!  ;-)
>
> We could need some help with license stuff.  Also, I would like to take
> the opportunity to give back to ownCloud the thorough license
> inventarisation that I did with the help of Thomas.  The current state
> of it can bee seen in [1].
> 1: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-
owncloud/owncloud.git;a=blob;f=debian/copyright;hb=HEAD

Ouch! huge copyright file...
From my experience with other big Debian packages, it will be hard to keep in
sync with upstream content on the long run.

Maybe it would be interesting to provide a owncloud-core source package with
only owncloud (admin GUI, webdav) - without any app provided ? And we'll then
package all apps as separate source packages (one app = one source package).

Paul and ownclouders, what's you opinion on this ? Is this something possible
?

Cheers,
--
Damien - Debian Developper