[Owncloud] Owncloud updated in ubuntu

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Fri May 11 22:41:56 UTC 2012

Hi Jonathan,
hi ownClouders,

we made some big steps ahead in the past weeks!

I can now proudly announce the recent foundation of the Debian Packaging Team for ownCloud:
https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-owncloud/

With the great support of Paul van Tilburg (thanks again) we have setup a git repo[0] for the packaging,
a mailing list[1] and a wiki page[2].

We are working hard to make ownCloud Debian compliant and plan to have - at least - OC4 in Debian Wheezy.

As a precondition to get ownCloud packaged we had to prepare SabreDAV as an individual package.
In addition to that we found someone who took care of mdb2_schema, which was not available in Debian as well.

We have still some open tasks [3], but we are getting closer.

Why the hack am I writing all this?
@Jonathan:
I'd like to ask you to join your team and take care about the package transition to Ubuntu. We will be honored!

@ownClouders:
I just wanted to let you know, what the heck I'm doing! ;-)
In case one of you is a Debian user/developer in disguise - step forward - We need You! ;-)

Thanks a lot and take care,

Tom aka DeepDiver

[0] - http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-owncloud/owncloud.git
[1] - http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-owncloud-maintainers/