[Owncloud] .exclude/.ignore for the sync client, and improve polling

Juan Carlos Cornejo mylists at paintblack.com
Fri May 11 22:24:56 UTC 2012

Hi Timmeey & All:

So what I propose, and I've mentioned it to a few people already, is
that a list be published somewhere (preferably on the ownCloud.org
website) with a list of most common temporary files. Then that the
sync client (whatever it may be) ignores those files/directories by
default. But, rather than having to force the user with that decision,
the user of the client should have the ability to disable any of the
excluded files. This is, if for example, someone happened to want
their .svn and .git directories copied.

I would be more than happy to implement this on the Mirral client.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Juan Carlos