[Owncloud] dynamic group sharing

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri May 11 09:24:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

I suggested an enhancement to thebuggenie (oc-606) about dynamic group
sharing:

"Sharing files with a group is not dynamic. That means, if a user is
added to a group and the group has access to a shared file, the user is
not automatically authorized to access the file. On the other hand, if a
user is deleted from a group, he can still access the shared file. This
is not what I would expect. The group membership should be evaluated
each time a user logs in."

The case has been closed with the comment: "This was a bug. Sharing now
listens for the group events if a user is added or removed from a group."

This might apply to local groups, but this still doesn't work with ldap
groups. Can someone confirm this? Shall I open a new bug report for that?

Regards,
Dirk