[Owncloud] V4.0.0beta - Contacts : bug OC-597 was closed. There is an EditContact bug

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Fri May 11 07:06:24 UTC 2012

On Friday 11 May 2012 00:39 Alain Bourgeois wrote:
> I don’t know if is linked or not to the solution to bug OC-597
> When you want to edit : the Edit contact form appears void

I've made a quick hack [1] that takes the value from the name field [2]
and inserts it into the family name part in the name edit dialog [3].
I deliberately don't try to parse the value, because I could only get it
correct for a certain demographic part of the western world.

> and introduces
> new bug when you insert partial different values. Anyway you cannot Edit
> from Edit Name details Form

Can you explain better what you mean by the above?

[1] https://gitorious.org/owncloud/owncloud/commit/e5840e1fe27bbeec8ce4894c70c50d5c9b787982
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2426#section-3.1.1
[3] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2426#section-3.1.2

--