[Owncloud] Problem with unix user auth/pwauth under OC4beta

Stefan Dengscherz stefan.dengscherz at gmail.com
Wed May 9 08:13:03 UTC 2012

Hello,

i'm using apaches "mod-auth-external" in combination with "pwauth" to
secure the parent directory for all my cloud web apps with system user
credentials. Owncloud (and other web apps like roundcube with plugin
"http_authentication") uses the cached user credentials to
automatically login.

Here's the corresponding apache configuration (debian 6):

---8<---
        AddExternalAuth pwauth /usr/sbin/pwauth
        SetExternalAuthMethod pwauth pipe
        <Location />