[Owncloud] LDAP login fails with latest git branch

Gronies, Thomas Gronies at uni-wuppertal.de
Tue May 8 15:08:42 UTC 2012

And now it's broken again. I tried to edit something in the Base Group Tree Field, since then I can't login with my LDAP account.
Then I cleared the field and again I can't login. Again, I switched off TLS and dumped the network traffic.
LDAP tells Owncloud that the user (object) does not exist.
 The baseObject is empty, shouldn't it contain the BaseDN? Scope is on wholeSubtree.

Maybe the test, if the fields Base User/Group Tree is empty, fails when it was set once?

@dirk: Sharing works between users that are in the same group. I tested it by grouping my LDAP users in one group. If the LDAP contains many users you should limit the LDAP search request to generate a small output from LDAP. Otherwise the browser is not able to show all the users (I posted this issue a few weeks ago, it is not possible to list many thousands of users, unless you spend much time and memory ;-) ). Then you can put all the users in groups. This should not be the way for LDAP to do this, but works for a first small testing environment.

For the rest I can only tell about my tests before last friday. It worked to select a LDAP user to share a file or a folder with him. But the recipient of the share gets nothing, his share folder keeps empty. As far as I can remember there was an error for a public share of a LDAP user which said something like the cloud is not available/existing or something similar to this. I didn't test it with local users because my intention is only to use LDAP.

Regards,
Thomas