[Owncloud] WebCal/iCalendar import

Florian Hülsmann fh at cbix.de
Mon May 7 09:57:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

I would really love to have webcal subscription support in the calendar
app. Webcal is nothing else than periodically fetching an .ics
(iCalendar)-File from a server and updating the contained events on the
local machine, quite much like RSS/Atom. Not just because Google
Calendar has it too but rather because a local company I'm working for
aside school developed a webapp that provides collections of calendars
as WebCal feeds.

My proposal is to have an input for the webcal://-URI, a select field
for the targeted calendar (or "New Calendar") and an input for the
frequency (how often the calendar should be refreshed). OwnCloud could
then either use cron jobs internally (not recommended) or have a db
column "last_refresh" and then check for it every time the calendar is
requested (from browser or CalDAV).

Is someone already working on that? If not, I can do that maybe next
month...

Have a nice day,

Florian

--