[Owncloud] Future changes to sharing

Randall randall at songshu.org
Thu Mar 29 12:38:23 UTC 2012

On 03/29/2012 03:25 AM, Michael Gapczynski wrote:
> On Thursday, March 29, 2012 01:47:00 AM Artikel 140 wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Owncloud service running. I must say I was thinking this week
>> about this problem. a lot of my users do not know each other and to
>> respect their privacy I would like to  this see this  feature. Since
>> there is a possibility to use groups, I would like to see that people
>> inside a group can see each other, but outside the group not.
> This was actually requested recently and I've just implemented it in master.
> I'm not sure if I should create a default group that users can later be
> removed from. It may cause confusion if you can't share with anyone because
> you don't use groups on your instance.
i guess it will not be possible to find the perfect default for all use
cases.

nevertheless i would like to put an extra option forward to be
considered, and that would be an "invite option", basically that users
can sent a "friend" request to a username they know that needs to be
accepted before being able to see and them and share files.

not sure if this will be in-line with the KISS principle and will be to
overcomplicated to implement as an option, but i thought i'd add the
idea on the list here anyway.

<SNAP>