[Owncloud] Future changes to sharing

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Mar 27 07:06:55 UTC 2012

Hi Michael,

> I'm looking forward to any feedback.

The main problem for me is the user interface for sharing files. You are
using the OC getUsers method to list all users if you click on the share
icon. And then you use autocomplete after typing the first letter to
display the matching usernames. We have 50.000 users in our ldap
database and this method of entering the usernames doesn't work at all.
Wouldn't it be possible to let the user enter an arbitrary name into a
text field, and when he presses "enter", the user ist searched in the
user database?

And yes, sharing files with external users via email address would be a
great feature.

Regards,
Dirk