[Owncloud] GSOC: Mozilla sync integration

Jakob Sack mail at jakobsack.de
Sun Mar 25 10:31:26 UTC 2012

Hello Michał,

your timeline does look very ambitious. Furthermore, it looks like you
are trying to implement the sync part of mozilla sync. What we need in
ownCloud the first place is an implementation of the storage API [1].
The complicated sync part (merging, solving conflicts etc.) is done by
the client.
Implementing the current version (1.1) as well as the future version
(2.0, exists as a draft) of the storage API will be enough work for a
GSoC project.
Regards,

Jakob

[1] http://docs.services.mozilla.com/storage/