[Owncloud] Users LDAP storage related issues

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sat Mar 3 22:16:13 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-03 17:22, Michael Gapczynski wrote:
> On Saturday, March 03, 2012 04:50:42 PM Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> On 2012-03-03 15:27, Michael Gapczynski wrote:
>> > Sharing is already possible with LDAP users and other user
>> backends.
>>
>> It seems though selecting users from our LDAP tree (in the sharing
>> dialog for a file) does not function as well as one might expect.
>
> Is the sharing dropdown not populated with the LDAP users? This may
> be a user interface issue rather than a problem with the sharing
> backend.

After a little while, sure, the dropdown list is populated with LDAP
users.

Selecting any of them though does not make the item shared with said
user.

> I also have some changes to the user interface for sharing on my todo
> list. A dropdown is not reasonable for large LDAP user directories.

I vote for auto-completion. Bonus points for a configurable minimum of
characters typed before auto-completion kicks in.

FYI: Bonus points in my book are one or more beers at an event like
FOSDEM or maybe Akademy.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--