[Owncloud] ownCloud API

Jörn Friedrich Dreyer jfd at butonic.de
Fri Jun 29 13:08:45 UTC 2012

Am 29.06.2012 14:34 schrieb "Evert Pot" <evert at rooftopsolutions.nl>:
> > I had a short look at the specification and found it to be a true REST
API. I would use PUT to post a new status, but thats about it. Nice work!

> PUT is only for replacing the resource at the url you specified.
>
> So this implies that you must know the url of the new status you're
creating. This is why POST is generally used for 'appending' new items.
Thx for clearing this up. I only remembered that PUT was used to create a
resource at a URL. You are of course right that you would have to know the
URL for that.

So long

Jörn