[Owncloud] Setting up owncloud with PostgreSQL

Saint Germain saintger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:28:52 UTC 2012

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 12:06:48 -0400, Michael Gapczynski
<mtgap at owncloud.com> wrote :

> > No I created a simple user with all privileges on the owncloud
> > database (but not able to create new database).
> > But it seems that there is a connection problem before even trying
> > to modify anything in the database but I had no error in the logging
> > file, only on the screen.
> >

> The user has to be a superuser because the setup tries to create a
> new database. If it the database is already created it will throw an
> error (I'll look into preventing that), but it should still create
> the tables without a problem.
>
> I'll work on returning better error messages during the setup for
> PostgreSQL.

I tried with a superuser (with role creation and database creation) on
owncloud 4.0.3 and master, with or without database created: still no
connection.
At least with the master branch I got the error message "PostgreSQL
username and/or password not valid".

I can however connect using regular psql to the database with the
correct user name.

I've checked /etc/postgresql/9.1/main/pg_hba.conf and everything is set
to md5 (also tried to change to password, but doesn't work).

Do you have another idea ?