[Owncloud] webodf editor

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Thu Jun 28 08:24:53 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, dem 28.06.2012 um 9:47 schrieb stefan at du-weisst-schon-wo.de:
> Hey,
> are there any plans of integrating the odf-edit-ability in owncloud? Is
> there anybody working on this? Is there a place to go, to contribute?

Hi Stefan,

I'm the developer of the odf-viewer (actually just the integrator of webodf.js ;-) )
Source can be found here: https://gitorious.org/owncloud/apps/trees/master/files_odfviewer

Webodf.js offers editing abilities but misses a real editor.

There have be thoughts about integrating etherpad/titanpad, but due to the dependency to node.js
this approach does not fit into the owncloud design principle to run (almost) everywhere.

To tell the truth no real other promising approach is available afaik.

In case you have ideas feel free to let us know!

I'll meet Florian Effenberger (chairman libreOffice) in July to talk about integration of ownCloud and libreOffice.
Let's see!

Take care,

Tom