[Owncloud] Simplifying Webdav URL

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Mon Jun 18 07:53:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

>  I have an idea. What if instead of http://domain.com/files/webdav.php,
>  the user could use a shorter URL, for example: http://domain.com/storage.
>  (I still use oc 3.0.3). Can it be realized with the URL rewrite function?
>  Will ownCloud work with such redirection?

this is not a question of owncloud which is passive in this construction. It
is a question of the webserver you use to run owncloud and of the client
implementation.

>  If it works, what's the exact URL rewrite syntax?

Just give it a try !
If you have something like Apache as a web server the syntax should be
something like this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/files/webdav.php http://domain.com/storage [L,P,QSA]

You will need apaches rewrite and the proxy http module for this to work.

Christian