[Owncloud] Compiling the client

Jono jono at foodnotblogs.com
Wed Jun 13 19:53:22 UTC 2012

Hi Klaas,

Thanks for your response. I found the compiling problem to be that
DefineOptions.cmake had LOG_TO_CALLBACK set to OFF. Now I have the
client running.

A little background. I wrote a Dropbox like system last year:
https://github.com/jonocodes/mybox

It has some similarities to mirall, but one difference is it is a
client and server which coordinate syncs over socket communication so
there is no polling.

I recently found csync while looking for a new sync backend to use in
mybox. Which is why I am looking at how mirall does it.

What are the plans you mentioned to make server sync more efficient?

Too bad I did not know about your project earlier. Sounds like we were
working in parallel at the same time on similar things. I probably
would have joined you in the beginning, and perhaps I still can be of
help. We'll see. Maybe it is time for me to get back into C++.

Keep up the good work.

-Jono