[Owncloud] Use local files loaded in owncloud

Michael Gapczynski mtgap at owncloud.com
Wed Jun 13 12:11:43 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 06:04:22 PM Manel Gimeno Zaragozá wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just install owncloud in my ubuntu 12 machine. my question is, there is
> any way to load all files I have in my home partition (music, videos,
> pictures)? and when I upload something via web, will it be upload to the
> home partition?
>
> Sorry, maybe it is solve but I've not been able to find anything about it,
> the only thing I found is files section un Usage documentation
> "http://owncloud.org/support/webdav/", but I'm not sure it solve what I
> want.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Manel Gimeno Zaragoza
> magiza83 at hotmail.com

ownCloud 4 has the feature to mount external storage, including local folders,
into the filesystem. You can configure it yourself using this guide:
http://owncloud.org/support/custom-mount-configuration/ or if you start using
the master branch on gitorious you can use the user interface:
http://blog.gapinthecloud.com/2012/06/10/configuring-external-storage-for-
owncloud/

Michael