[Owncloud] Really big file upload

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Sun Jun 10 01:02:11 UTC 2012

On Sunday 10 June 2012 02:43:10 Tóth Ádám wrote:
>  df -h says:
>
> tmpfs 3.0G 0 3.0G 0% /lib/init/rw
> tmpfs 3.0G 0 3.0G 0% /dev/shm

The last part of the line specifies the mount point, so you haven't listed the
size of /tmp. If it's not in the list, it's part of /
If you do 'df -h /tmp/' you'll see how big /tmp is.

> Do they count 6 GB altogether, or only 3 GB? Why do I have two tmpfs? (It's
> a hosted OpenVZ server. it has 6 GB of RAM).

tmpfs is a filesystem type, not a mount point.

> Is it possible to increase these values somehow?
Yes, by adding/changing a line in /etc/fstab like:

tmpfs /tmp tmpfs nodev,nosuid,size=50%,mode=1777 0 0

You can probably specify different unit's then 50%, but I don't have that info on
hand.
tmpfs is normally (?) 'stored' in RAM, so it may be handy/needed to have a
(large) swap partition, so if it runs out of RAM, it can store data in swap.

>  Recently I was able to upload a 3.5 GB file, but that was un-downloadable

Without an indication of why it was un-downloadable, it's hard to give tips to
solve it ;-)