[Owncloud] What if I deactivated encryption application?

Daniel Holm admin at danielholm.se
Mon Jul 30 08:35:13 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I currenty have the encryption application activated, but it wont work
that well when I'm trying to actually download a file using the Android
client, or show a image in the webui. They are encrypted(?).

I thought that the file should be decrypted once logged in, or when
used. I activated the application in 4.0 and I now have the latest
relase installed on my server. Since a while back, new files do work to
download and use, and newer images a watchable. I dont know since when,
but probably since the encryption application started to support file
extension based encryption.

And since I haven't change the default extensions, which are jpg, pdf,
among other, I feel like I just as well should deactivated the
encryption plugin so that all of my files get usable again.

But there is a slight but, I'd like to ask first: What would happend if
I did deactivate the encryption application? I got over 60GB of files,
and would really not like them to be rendered unusable. Will they be
decrypted again?

--
Vänlig hälsning / Yours sincerely,
   Daniel Holm