[Owncloud] ownCloud client stable?

owncloud owncloud at clevertrove.com
Sun Jul 29 15:26:32 UTC 2012

Is ownCloud generally considered stable?

I ask because I created a server, connected a few (three) clients to it, and put a few (half a dozen) files into one computer.  Sure enough, it synced to the other clients, no problem.  So then I tried sticking all the stuff I care about in there...

This is 1700 files, total 360MB.  It starts uploading.  I walk away, and come back, client has stopped working.  I tried several times...  Uninstall, reinstall, try with just a subdirectory instead of the whole directory...  No matter what I do, the uploading client keeps crashing.

Worse yet, after it comes up again, it recognizes all the previous files as conflicts, so it re-downloads them.

If the answer is "Yeah, it's known to be buggy, not yet fully baked" then I'll just accept it at that, and wait for one day when it's considered to be generally "more stable."

If the answer is "You must be doing something wrong," then I'll happily go into all the details of what versions I have, what server, what type of files, etc etc.

The first thing to establish is whether or not this is currently expected behavior.

Thanks...