[Owncloud] SabreDAV 1.6.3 in ownCloud 5?

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Fri Jul 20 13:21:26 UTC 2012

On Friday 20 July 2012 14:57:54 Georg Ehrke wrote:
> In the update instructions is written, that the column URI has to be a
> varchar with a length of 200. Calendar uses a length of 255, so everything
> will be fine with calendar. @Thomas: Would you like to update the contacts
> app database? It uses currently varchar with a length of 100.

Why these arbitrary short lengths for URI?
I _thought_ that the maximum length for an URI was 2048, but according to [1]
and the standard RFC 2616 [2] there is no real limit on the length of an URI,
although 2000/2048 seems to be the practical one.

Since it looks like there needs to be a db 'conversion' anyway, why not do it
properly?

Cheers,
  Diederik

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/417142/what-is-the-maximum-length-of-a-url