[Owncloud] Webdav - Sync - rfc3253 - Delta-V

Benoît HERVIER khertan at khertan.net
Fri Jul 20 10:15:58 UTC 2012

Morning,

I'm currently writing a synchronization with my n9 harmattan notes
taking application (Which will be later available for desktop)

Each notes are in fact a markdown text file. So we ll be editable
directly in owncloud web text edit.

The problem is how to keep multiple clients in sync.

1/ keeps an index of revision : require to write a plugin for the web ui.
But prevent edit from a mounted webdav on a desktop pc.
2/ use modification, but look like it s not supported to set mtime on
ressource (limitation of webdav protocol)
3/ use revision extension (rfc3253), but is it supported currently on
owncloud webdav ? (didn t see anything in the documentation)

Any other idea ? How does the sync client works ?

Thx in advance
Regards,

--
Benoît HERVIER - http://khertan.net/