[Owncloud] Syncing and Time Synchronization

Brad McEvoy brad at bradmcevoy.com
Thu Jul 19 11:50:02 UTC 2012

I think the suggestion was to use timestamps locally just to determine
whether a local change has occured, and not the order of changes
relative to the server, which would be cool.

However, that approach still misses the point of state token based sync.
The idea is to maintain a tree of directory hashes, and to perform
syncronisation simply by walking the tree from the root. When a
directory hash on the client is the same as the server you know
everything under it is perfectly identical, which makes timestamps
irrelevant.