[Owncloud] Continuous Integration Server for ownCloud projects

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Thu Jul 19 09:20:21 UTC 2012

Dear ownCloud developers,

with pleasure and honor I'd like to officially announce that we have a
continuous integration server for ownCloud now:

http://ci.tmit.eu

I assume you already know how ci works - if not speak up, I'll happily describe it in a second email.

Let me quickly describe which jobs are available:

ownCloud-Android:
  This is the android client for ownCloud based on master from https://gitorious.org/owncloud/android-devel
  The Jenkins job is building signed the signed apk, which can be installed right away.

owncloud-Mirall and csync-owncloud:
  This is our desktop client - currently we just perform the compilation run on both.
  The code is taken from master from https://gitorious.org/owncloud/mirall and
  from dav from git://git.csync.org/users/freitag/csync.git
  TODO: maybe direct push to OBS (devel project) to build packages for various distributions (including mingw)

ownCloud-Server(master):
  This is ownCloud server taken from master from https://gitorious.org/owncloud/owncloud.
  This is for sure the most complex job as it performs:
    - php syntax validation
    - jslint (http://www.jslint.com/)
    - php Mess Detector (http://phpmd.org/)
    - php Code Sniffer (http://pear.php.net/package/PHP_CodeSniffer/)
    - some code metric analysis (phploc and pdepends)
    - and finally: execution of the SimpleTest test suite on sqlite, mysql and postgres!
  TODO:
    - the rulesets for PHP Code Sniffer have to be defined (Jörn already sent a mail last night - THX for that)
    - jslint doesn't like our code ;-/ - is it us or jslint. I'd be happy to get some feedback from the JavaScript hackers in the community
    - Code coverage for the test suite has to be generated
    - duplicate this job for all stable branches

ownCloud-tx:
  This job has just been started. The idea is to sync the translations every night.

On #owncloud-dev you'll get notifications about successful and failed builds.

Feel free to get back to me in case of question and suggestions - feedback is more than welcome.

Take care,

Tom aka DeepDiver
Thomas Müller                 E-Mail: thomas.mueller at tmit.eu