[Owncloud] Releases and stuff

Sam Tuke samtuke at owncloud.com
Wed Jul 18 12:25:51 UTC 2012

re: QA and testing:

We are a long way off achieving the optimal usefulness from developer testing
due the lack of unit tests and the complexity of writing new ones.

Continuous integration and unit testing frameworks are very closely related to
this discussion. Unfortunately the email thread "regarding quality" died off
without any clear decisions.

re: Release process and a releases dude:

I agree with Thomas that better documentation and planning of releases would
help ownCloud quality, community relations, and developer morale.

Personally I'd also appreciate it if someone took care of merging branches
after feature-freezes, so that work doesn't get orphaned in unstable branch,
for example.

Perhaps what contributors to this thread are asking for is more of the good
work that Frank has been doing of this nature, and that this work is done more
explicitly. I'm not sure if Frank's schedule can accommodate additional work
however. Care to share your thoughts Frank?

Best,

Sam.