[Owncloud] LDAP User backend problem

Laurent RAYSSIGUIER l.rayssiguier at caplaser.fr
Tue Jul 17 10:09:13 UTC 2012

Hello,

First, sorry for my english, i do the best I can :-)

I try OwnCloud for the first time and I had mapped owncloud users with my active directory.
I use the post http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2180 to setup it and I encounter two problems.

The first one was appears when I successfully connect to Active directory server.
When I clic on Users tab, I encounter an internal 500 error.

I googled the error message and I found that I must comment the line "// throw new Exception('LDAP backend: unexpected collision of DN and ownCloud Name.');" in the file /var/www/owncloud/apps/user_ldap/lib_ldap.php (line 292).

When it was done, users appears in users tab. I Think, that's because, all of AD records were selected, (computers and all of AD and Exchange users).

The second problem that I found appears when I filter the user list with those who are in owncloudaccess group.
When this filter is applied, no users where displayed, but if I try to connect and account of owncloudaccess, the login was successful and I can send files.
I found that problem is caused by my active directory tree.
My accounts were stored like this :
CN=Laurent RAYSSIGUIER,OU=Utilisateurs Caplaser,OU=Societe CAPLASER SA,DC=pyramide,DC=lan

If I Move this user to an another place, like CN=Laurent RAYSSIGUIER,OU=Cloud,DC=pyramide,DC=lan, the username was displayed.

My question is : Is it a bug, or is there a way to correct this ?
The ldap tree must have a specified size ?

I don't find this problem on owncloud forum and with my friend google...

Is there someone who find it in mailing list ?

Thank you,
Laurent