[Owncloud] Bug in formatDate()

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Tue Jul 17 06:35:22 UTC 2012

Hello Thomas,

> > On Saturday 14 July 2012 15:37 Christian Reiner wrote:
> > I was very surprised to find the reason for a strange formatted date in
> > ownCloud. I'd say there is a small bug in function formatDate()
> > implemented
> > in file core/js/js.js, lines 516ff (bottom of the file).

> On Tuesday 17 July 2012 02:29:42 Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> Did you get any replies on this? There was a commit recently (by Michael
> Gapczynski I think?) that fixed a zero-padding bug in that function. What
> branch are you working on?

Thanks, Michael pointed out his fix to me on IRC.
Since it is just an optical glitch I accept is as "will go away".

I always use a stable version for app development wherever possible. I think
it is not wise if all developers always are ahead and use fixed and enhanced
versions. The ordinary user is meant to use stable, and this is where
developers should get to their daily impression from. Except when they have to
rely on fixes or features not contained in stable.
Kind of a variant of: "eat your own dog food".
The worst thing that can hapen to a community targeting project is if
developers form a circle separating from their users.

Have a great day,
Christian

--
arkascha