[Owncloud] OwnCloud redirects to login page

Michiel de Jong michiel at unhosted.org
Wed Jul 11 01:38:03 UTC 2012

we noticed the same problem on OwnCube after they removed "old" 4.0.4
and copied in the new pre alpha version. In particular, this affects
/public.php, where webfinger runs. You can try it:

curl -i https://owncube.com/public.php?service=webfinger\&q=acct:michiel@owncube.com

used to return my public webfinger record, but now responds with a 302
to the login page. They run on nginx, and made no other changes other
than updating the ownCloud version.

Looks like a regression that happened after 4.0.4, and affects (at
least) people running ownCloud on nginx.